Monday, June 9, 2008

Broken Social Scene - Olympic Island 2006-06-24

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

shame on me I haven't posted anything proper for ages (thanks to my co-bloggers for keeping this alive:)) so it's time for a special one. yayyyyyyy what a setlist!

enjoy!

01 Late Nineties Bedroom Rock For The Missionaries
02 Shampoo Suicide
03 7/4 (Shoreline)
04 Cause=Time
05 Fire Eye'd Boy
06 Stars and Sons
07 (Intro)
08 Major Label Debut
09 Handjobs for the Holidays
10 (Intro)
11 Superconnected
12 Anthems for a 17 Year-Old Girl
13 (Intro)
14 Almost Crimes
15 (Intro)
16 Hotel
17 Bandwitch
18 (Outro)
19 Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day)
20 It's All Gonna Break
21 KC Accidental

une
deux


(wishlist: stars@oi 2008)

8 comments:

matt said...

thanks for this + stunning pic...taxi cab interference...lol

Sarahmouche said...

A tear came to my eye!!! Thank you sooo much for this - not that Olympic Island was not fun this past weekend, but it just wasn't the same without BSS. 2006 was the best year by far - the addition of J Mascis was phenomenal.

medeiros, yasmin said...

Chris rock my world! lol :)

Anonymous said...

a tear my ass. she did not answer her phone all nite and i'm fairly certain she was still listening to it at 2 in the morning. hey sar!

Sarahmouche said...

It was actually more like 2:45 am and given that this is the best BSS (I'm talking full lineup, real BSS) show we have ever been to which even you have admitted, what's your point Mr. Not So Anonymous? If I ever get to a point where I will not stay up half the night listening to great art, stick a fork in me cuz I'm done.

Sarahmouche said...

A thought that kept popping up as I listened to this - I love the part during It's All Gonna Break where Kev tells the crowd to chill out. If the 17 yr old Kev could only see 30 year old Kev it would blow his mind.

Anonymous said...

Haven't listened to the recording yet, so I don't know if it's obvious, but Andrew Whiteman takes over the vocals for a good chucnk of It's All Gonna Break. Only time I've seen him do that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting this up guys! BSS is a real pleasure to listen to with all their beautiful sounds and influences blending.